Thursday 10 February 2011

Bah Humbug Challenge Card- Buttons and Ribbons


Hello Everyone,

This is my second challenge card I have done for the http://bah-humbug-christmas.blogspot.com this week was to make a card using ribbon and buttons. So for my card I have used a contemporary backing paper off snowflakes in the colours of brown, green, blue, and pink. I matted this onto the white card base. I then used the Octagon Nesstabilities the largest one of the set run this through my cuttlebug and then embossed it using the largest embossing folder cuttlebug do, and this one was called holly and ribbon, I then used pastel chalks and chalked baby pink over it. I stamped and embossed my image coloured it in using pro markers and used glitter glue to add the dots to the party hats. I attached this to the embossed shape using foam pads. The ribbon is tied into a pretty bow at one end, the ribbon I used is a shear lilac ribbon. I then cut out two sentiments one saying "It's Party Time" the other saying "White Christmas" I mounted the "White Christmas" saying onto white card, and fake stitched using lilac glitter glue. I put this onto the card using foam pads. The saying "Its Party Time" is stick flat onto the card. I have them embellished the card using two lilac buttons and one pink button and attached these to the bottom of the card. I also stuck five silver snowflakes around the image to give extra glam.
Hope you like and as always any comments are greatly appreciated good or bad.
I will be back soon, with Valentines Cards
Hugs
Kelly xx

2 comments:

Annie said...

Love the colours Kelly - as you know I'm a real pink and green fan. Yours are more pastel than mine and look so gentle - just fab. That stamp is a real winner too - think he is in my collection too. Must use him soon as he is a real cutie.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

Kelly D said...

Thanks Ann for the lovely comment, everyone who has seen my card in real life are all amazed at the colour choice for a christmas card.

Thanks again for the great comment and look forward to seeing what the task is.

Hugs
Kelly x