Wednesday 2 February 2011

Bah Humbug Challenge Card





Hello Everyone,

I have created this card for the Bah Humbug Challenge, Something Old and Something Gold. The card the I have created is a fancy style fold, it fits perfectly into a C5 envelope, and only takes one sheet of card to create. I will try and put instructions up on how to make it later on ...
For the topper I decided to use a stamp I had been giving a few years ago that I had forgotten about, it is a teddy bear stamp holding up a banner saying "Happy Christmas" and around the outside it has written on saying "teddy says it's time to hang up the decorations". I used a gold tinsel embossing powder to create the gold look... To finish the card I went for a vintage come clean look, so I used a cream card and distressed the edges, then embossed a spotty design onto white card and matted this up, the topper was then put on cream card and again mounted to the now matted white spotty card. The side of the card was embellished with gold snowflake peels offs and in the card I have placed two "Merry Christmas" and finally to complete the look I have gone around my white spotty card with gold peel off borders and added a gold bow to the right hand top corner.
I hope you like my card and thanks for looking, any comments are greatly appreciated good or bad.

Until next time
Hugs
Kelly xx

3 comments:

Annie said...

Hi Kelly - welcome to our challenges at Bah! Humbug! Know what you mean about time running away - sometimes I just can't believe how fast the days go by.
Love the card you have entered this week - that teddy is a real cutie.
Hope we'll see you again in the near future.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

Kelly D said...

Aw thanks for the comment Ann, I so hope I can continue to join in with the challenges on a more regular basis.
Thanks again for the comment
See you soon
Hugs
Kelly x

Max said...

Hi Kelly - how on earth could you have forgotten about this wee cutie - he is adorable and your combination of gold and cream is a Christmas winner! So pleased you decided to use this teddy in our challenge and hopefully it will not be so long before he next gets inked up. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT