Thursday 16 June 2011

Popcorn Anniversary Card

Morning Everyone, 

This is a card I have made for my Husbands Aunt and Uncle who are celebrating their wedding anniversary today.

The image is from the Popcorn Bear Romance Collection by Crafters Companion 
I have stamped the image up using Stazon, and colored in using Lyra Water colours. I have not used these for a while and after colouring in this image I can say that I have missed them, Promarkers are easier to use as they blend quicker but water colours give a nice soft edge to the image. 

So the card is covered with a backing paper that I believe I got free in a magazine so I don't know what it is called or who does it, this has been edged with gold peel offs. On top of this I have put a cut out of a flower frame, chalked this to match the card blank colour, I have then used an Organza Red ribbon and ran this up the card and finshied with a bow using the same ribbon.

The image has been matted onto cream card blank and in the four corners I have used red gems to give the look of brads and to add a bit of glam to the image. 

The card has been finished with a handmade flower I have created using the Cricut Machine and a sentiment of "Happy Anniversary" the topper has been finished nicely with the hearts and the edge of the rose, having a bit of glitter added to them.

The Card
The Image
The Flower

The Ingredients
 A4 Pearl Card Blank
Red Organza ribbon
Stazon on 
Popcorn Romance Stamp
Backing paper
Peel offs
Lyra Water Colours Bear 1  Mix of 5610096/5610082/5610076 Bear 2 Mix of 5610007/008/001/0082
Cushions 5610017 Bed 5610028 Rose 5610017 Leaves/Stems 5610068 Heart/Paw 5610076 
Sakura Glitter Pen number 719 Red
Cricut Expression Machine 
Martha Stewart Elegant Cake Art Cartridge - Flowers and "Happy Anniversary" 
Stretch Your Imagination Cartridge - Leaves 
Funky Foam - Green Heated to create a Spiral 
4 Red Gems 


Thanks for popping in to have a look, and any comments good or bad would be greatly appreciated. 
Hugs
Kelly 
xxx


No comments: