Monday 11 August 2014

Well Hello Shirley

Good Morning 

My turn to share with you what I have created to share with you for inspiration. 

This week I am sharing "Shirley"  

I love Shirley she is so cute, with her mad hair and glasses, she is perfect for any age. 

 As it is summer I thought I would go with Bright and Funky colours, this is really not my normal colour scheme but it is so cheerful and bright I thought it would certainly stand out. 

The base is an 8 by 8 white card blank with Bright Pink and Lime Green colour card stock which have been cut down by a 1/4 of an inch to give a nice border. 

I used a designer paper from my stash which luckily complimented the image and my colour scheme perfectly.



 I stamped Shirley out onto 300gsm card stock cut her out using a spellbinder die, and coloured her with promarker pens.


Hair; Walnut, Cocoa, Cinnamon, Sandstone
Top; Wild Cranberry, Pink Lobster, Rose Pink
Skirt; Leaf Green, Grass Green, Apple
Boots; Apricot, Honeycomb, Oatmeal
Skin; Ivory, Blush, Oatmeal, Sunkissed Pink
Glasses; Apple
Eyeshadow- Soft Aqua (Flex Marker)
 Lips - Vermillion (Flex Marker)
Edging - Soft Aqua


To finish the card I added a green wavy border with a pink strip across the center of it, I then added a sheer green ribbon and knotted it at one end.  I used a photo corner die in the green added to each corner. Finally to finish the card I punched out four flowers two in each colour and added gems to the center of the flowers and to the center of the corner dies. 

I am going to enter this into the following challenges



Thanks for stopping in 

Crafty Hugs
Kelly
xxx

1 comment:

Irene said...

Hi Kelly

Love Shirley. Great funky colours, lime green is different, it works.

Irene